Monday, October 29, 2007

Fitness Blogs

Former Fat Guy's blog kind of cracked me up, but it has a lot of good stuff in it, especially the blog addressing The Biggest Loser. His advice is consistent with everything we teach at GHFC, and shows the proper way to achieve weight-loss goals.

The next blog was seasonally appropriate, written by Joy Bauer, discussing the nutritional benefits of pumpkin before Halloween. I like pumpkin pie and all, but I still think that I prefer candy to pumpkin. Still, she lists several healthy pumpkin recipes and ways to prevent candy binges.

Gabrielle Reece wrote a blog on switching up exercise routines and encouraging people to sometimes get out of the gym and do some exercise they might not otherwise do, like horseback riding. Maybe the gym can incorporate outside programs with member discounts to other experiences; I know there's already a partnership in place with the Gainesville Rock Gym.

No comments: